Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Viewer Mail

That's right, actual mail from actual viewers.

Miss Taipei comments:

Dear Rajah-san,

what are your views on rioters? In Syria, perhaps they have a fairly pointy point. In Manchester, however, with the looting of Foot Locker and the burning of Miss Selfridge, I think they are filthy steaming oven-chip-fed pikey troglodytes who should be shot in the arse with rubber bullets and made to lick up the broken glass from the shops they have smashed up.

But then I've always been slightly right-wing.

While I understand the urge to 'stick it to the man' more than most, more and more I find myself humming the works of Messeurs Biafra et al. You know the one.

Hell in a handcart, hell in a handcart.

So, like, seriously, when we'se establishing our own waiguafarian state on Lanyu? There'll be a job in my government for you if you sort out the canoes.

Goin to hell in a Safeway buggy, as the old man would say.


Well, heaven knows the Raj is no fan of Big Bidness and its attendant pathologies, or even property ownership in general, frankly one defers to a roughly Anarcho-Primitivist paradigm, given a choice, with a return to pre-agrarianity in its entirety.
Even so, I can't really say I hold much truck with wanton uninformed destruction of property, especially when it's perpetrated by 3rd gen suburban yobs.


The only measurable consequence possible is some poor wage-slaving bastard ending up being deprived of his/her shit day wage.
I mean, seriously, what are you fuckin guys, seven?

If we need to go back to basic civics, go read the passage in Chapter 3 of The Grapes of Wrath where Muley Graves and Tom and the Reverend discuss the futility of finding someone responsible for the mass foreclosures and evictions that one can actually locate and shoot.

Raj

ps Oh, and this entire post was fueled by Led Zepplin....I know you were wondering.  And me? I fuckin HATE pikeys...





4 comments:

  1. 'Pre-agrarian' as in 'no sammiches'? Not on my watch mister, not on my watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no no. The sarnies we keep. We lose the barn boots and bank papers.
    Savvy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay. Maybe I could get behind that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.