Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Choose your companions wisely...

...as me sainted Ma would say.
When I was in high school, one summer the Placement Office at school found me a summer job.
It was right after the old man died, so I needed some earnings to kick back at home.
The gig was on the janitorial staff at a convent/retirement home for these hardcore Sisters of Infinite Fucking Misery or some fucking deal.
So I reported for duty and found out that I was going to be spending the entire summer stripping 20 years' worth of wax from the stair landings, which amounted to about 30 minutes of hard scrubbing by hand with steel wool for each 6-inch square tile, in these dark stuffy windowless stairwells, 8 hours a day.
Needless to say, my 16-year-old heart soared at the prospect.
The second day there, I met the Building Engineer, a ruddy garrulous Ukrainian who cheerily invited me to hang out in his office, smoking cigarettes and BSing, and go with him in the truck to pick up equipment and supplies etc.
Obviously, vastly preferable to scrubbing floor tiles.
He also informed me that there was a full Olympic size pool downstairs, and a guy was welcome to bring his gear and take a dip after work.
The 4th day I brought my rig and was heading down to the pool after work when I ran into the Head Sister (a fucking Frenchie, naturally), who demanded to know what I was doing.
So I told her and said Jerry had said it was OK.
She nearly pitched a fit, and, scandalised, informed me in no uncertain terms that the pool was for the use of the sisters ONLY, and no staff were allowed to use it, ever.
The 5th day the manager called me into his office and very politely informed me that I would not be coming back for a 6th day.
I protested that I had only been following Jerry's lead, and that he had said it was all cool.
The manager informed me that Jerry had only been working there for a month and was also facing termination.
Thus I lost the worst job I've ever had.






Hey, I see the Bobcat has signed up, most excellent, even in consideration of the vapidity of her comments.
This puts my Followership into the single digits.
My plans for world domination appear to be falling nicely into place...


ETA: Oh yeah, listening to this for the first time in many fuckin moons:



Every note is sweeter and rings deeper than ever. Prime shit, baby.

1 comment:

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.