Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Rose by Any Other Name...

One of the most beautiful and continually fulfilling things about working with the English language every day, is, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, its wondrous fluidity and adaptability.
As the world around us changes and alters itself constantly, the language we love (and hate) evolves perfectly, in exact synch.

One example: when I think back, I honestly can't ever recall any time in my life, prior to about the last 3 or 4 years, where I used the term "anus" as an appellation, pejorative or otherwise.
You know what I mean, all the time I was a kid and then growing up, and then living on both sides of the globe, saying something like "You anus" to someone, well it never came up.

And then, well...


People started driving Lexuses.

Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.