Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bug Night!!

Oh yeah, I forgot, last night was Bug Night.
In case you aren't aware, one night every year, usually in early June (here in Taipei it's ALWAYS Computex week), the fucking mayflies come out in the fucking BILLIONS, to, one assumes, copulate or something.
And last night was it.
It's kind of fun, at first it's kind of freaky because they come in through the screens, around the doorjambs, under the window frames, everywhere, and there's just tons and tons of them.
After the first 20 minutes or so, you sort of get used to it and just start grabbing them out of the air, like 4 or 5 at a time. We sort of celebrated last night, my big daughter was over tutoring my youngest, and we got pizza in and watched my favourite Taiwanese movie.

I guess it's officially summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.