Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Meet Gray Rogers

(Edited from original post)

Hi kids, sorry, Cheech had to take a couple personals there.

Hey, I know you were all wondering about the badass graphic I'd added to the header.
Well, let me tell you all about it.
As you know, I always find it a welcome surprise when I stumble across a site where the host is providing examples of their work, and it's actually good.
The gorgeous image you saw above is the work of a Mr. Gray Rogers (actually when I wrote to him I fucked up the order of his names and addressed him as Mr. Gray, so now he thinks I'm a fucking Filipino bartender named Bong or some fucking thing).
But the picture is more than just cool, it's actually one of a (I think) series he did of scenes from Count Zero, easily my favourite Gibson book, and one of my favourite books period.
It also features Turner, one of my (roughly) Top 10 literary characters of all time (there's one, RG).

One of the things I especially love about the picture, sorry, it's called Desert Sprawl, is that although it depicts a scene I've read about so many times I can quote passages verbatim, the picture is nothing like I always imagined it in my mind.

Anyways, thanks again to Mr. Rogers (well now, see, that sounds even dumber than Mr. Gray, fer jumping out loud) for being kind enough to let me use his fine work.
You guys go and visit his site, there's lots of cool stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.