Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm not BULLSHITTIN' back here...

As the Boss would say.
Why does the Comedian merit his own post?
Well, not only is he one cool mofo, I find myself in pretty major fundamental agreeance with his worldview.
The default condition for existence is, basically, shit.
People generally, having reached the age of majority, if left to function according to instinct, will be selfish thoughtless assholes.
When's the last time someone forwarded you an email containing a news story about somebody being a greedy self-serving prick who operated totally in their own interests and everyone else on the planet could go pound sand up their ass?
Probably never.

With, of course, the obvious exception of Jobbo the Hutt's keynote address at the WWDC.

No, it's only when someone does something nice and/or selfless that everyone talks about it.
That's because caring about other people and being considerate requires the application of actual effort, to overcome the natural tendency to be a greedy self-indulgent cocksucker.

Which includes injudicious application of aftershave or perfume, which is, I think we can all agree, among the most unforgivable crimes against one's fellow man.

And hey, don't fucking kid yourself, pure, functional evil is all around you.

I knew this one guy, call him Jerry. When me and the first ex-Mrs. Raj were first going out, she ran a record store I used to work at. She had this Jerry dude working there.
Guy was a fucking BEAST of a man, 6'5", 325 lb easy, all tattooed and bearded and stuff.
And we used to hang out, it was a trip for me, I was used to being the big bearded long-haired biker-type guy, but with this guy, I looked like Boo Boo with Yogi.
In addition to part time at the store, Jerry worked days at a group home for profoundly disabled adults.
Very much the whole Gentle Giant deal.
Actually he got me hooked up with my first tat, now that I think of it.
Anyways, years went by, and I didn't see him for a long time.

Nearly 10 years later, I was single and living by myself in the funky part of town, and would go to this one biker bar to see friends who were playing in blues bands there.
I started running into this other guy that I'd known in my teens, call him Mike.
Really nice guy, he had become a pretty serious hobby (HD) biker in the meantime.
Sure enough, one Saturday I go down, and who's there but Jerry, hanging out with Mike.
Awesome, I really liked both these guys, and here we were.
Anyways, although they both rode, neither of them was affiliated, and they both had a bunch of different patches on their cutts.
So this one day, I see this one they both have that I don't recognise, and I asked Mike about it.


He kind of laughed and said, you don't know it?
And I said no, I didn't.
He gave me a business card.



Yeah, babies, evil walks in the noonday sun.
Stay vigilant.

Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.