Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Looks like livin, don't it?


As I was mentioning to Wee Irish a couple weeks ago, in MY family we do the groceries at the Blue Supermarket, it being mucho cheaper than Wellcome.

(now sing the Wellcome song...now stop it from running through your head for the rest of the day and driving you to suicide...go on, I dare you)

The downside is, of course, that the Blue Supermarket is TOTALLY local, so if you want something that's even a wee bit exotic, you're screwed.
As a result, they only stock the small jars of Skippy (the only non-welfare peanut butter available in most places)
Of course, around my house, this is only a slight improvement over a single-serving packet like you get on an airplane.


But, you know, one makes do.
Only minor problem is that I'm constantly having to harangue The Ranee to grab some when I run out.
With very little recourse available to her invariable retort of  "What are you doing with that stuff??

Uhhh, well...eating it???
So imagine my surprise a while ago, when I opened the cupboard and saw, not one, not two, but THREE fuckin brand new jars of Skippy Super Crunch.
Apparently they was having a fuckin Buy 2 Get 1 Free or some fucking thing.

Yes, I married well.

But THEN, yesterday I was gettin me breakfast ready
(and no, I ain't going to tell you WHAT I was putting the peanut butter on, in the immortal words of Marshall the Chauffeur

I don't know who you are, I don't want to know. It's taken me my whole life to find out who I am, and I'm tired now, you hear what I'm saying? )

And I was getting down to the bottom of the jar, so I checked up in the cupboard to see if there was any more (no, I haven't been counting), and sure enough, there was a fresh jar sitting there.
So I said "YESSSSSS" and made Popeye arms.
HOWEVER, there I was this very morning, once again, preparing me breakfast, and, as you expected, hit the bottom of the jar.
So, acting for all the world like I knew what I was doing, I whip open the cupboard door, and what to my wandering eyes should appear but FOUR FUCKING JARS of You Damn Skippy!!




I fucking tell you, sometimes I'd swear I live on fucking Donkey Island.

Raj


5 comments:

  1. I do hope, for the sake of all that is holy and decent in this world, that you are eating the "smooth style" Skippy peanut butter, and not that abhorrently savage "crunchy" stuff that has been empirically proven to suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone knows that only retards, pedophiles, and cemetery plot salesmen eat smoothie peanut butter. Represent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating smooth peanut butter is like eating puréed potatoes instead of PROPER mashed ones. And that's a bad thing, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what "puréed potatoes" are, and my psychic powers tell me that I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.