Welcome

Welcome to The Tribe.
Your Humble Ruler, Rajah Cheech Beldone, King of the Gypsies.

Friday, October 14, 2011

The guy would probably crap himself

So I was taught to drive by two guys, Benny Kuntz and Wayne Dunn.
Not together, but each contributing like 50% of my vehicular operation knowledge.
Benny I knew from all-city choir, and Dunn from, ah, wait a minute...oh yeah, community theatre, oh shit, no, maybe church.
They were both like 3 or 4 years older than me, and it was kind of one of those deals where they were sort of doing the Big Brother thing, my old man had just died, and I didn't have anyone else to help me out.
Anyways, aside from both being really great guys (and wicked funny, too), they were both insanely patient, and taught me all kinds of really smart shit that I still use today.

I remember Benny telling me more than once to make sure I shoulder checked BEFORE a) changing lanes or even b) signaling to change lanes, because, as he said "...just signaling could be enough to freak someone out who's in the other lane, especially if it's a chick".
Sorry, you know it was the 70's.

Anyways, I was driving in to work this morning and for about the 20th time since I left the house, some fuckfaced shitheel with the brain of a goldfish and the values of a bacterium jammed it from my blind spot and sped through the 11-inch gap between me and the next vehicle.

And I suddenly thought, jeez, what would Benny have to say about that??

Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for the fuckin feedback.
Readers' opinions and feelings are fucking important to me.
No, I'm fucking serious.
Really.